The National Kidney Foundation of Arizona (NKF AZ) is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors and donors. Information gathered through the National Kidney Foundation of Arizona web site is used to monitor our site’s effectiveness and to respond to your questions and requests.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Through this site we collect information about the domain name (.com, .net, .edu, .gov) of a visitor/donor’s server (i.e., the name of the Internet service provider’s computer that funnels traffic to the Internet) but use it only for measurement purposes. These measurements provide web site statistics such as the number of visitors/donors, “hits” and top pages transmitted. Knowing how the site is used helps us develop plans for improvement of the site. The data we collect are totals of those visiting from a domain and not information on individual visitors/donors.
- We do not automatically collect e-mail addresses or other personal information unless you provide it on a form or survey. The information we collect is used in the following ways:
- The National Kidney Foundation of Arizona does not sell, trade, or rent personal information about its Web site visitors/donors. You may request to opt-out/have your name removed from these mailing lists. Additionally, donors may request to be removed from any/all lists (online or offline). Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, mailing address, and a sentence requesting deletion of your postal information from our files.
- E-mail addresses provided to us are used to distribute e-mail advocacy alerts, e-newsletters and various National Kidney Foundation of Arizona updates. In these cases, the visitor/donor will have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” or request removal from future e-mail advocacy or update mailing lists.
- When you make a donation or purchase online, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process, fulfill, and acknowledge your order or donation. Secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- Individuals/Donors may receive periodic mailings from the National Kidney Foundation of Arizona via the U.S. mail. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please provide your full name, mailing address, and a sentence requesting deletion of your postal information from our files, and e-mail it to email@example.com.
By using the National Kidney Foundation of Arizona Web site, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
The National Kidney Foundation of Arizona respects the privacy of our donors. We maintain the following policies to assure our donors that their personal information will be protected and will not be shared with any third party.
National Kidney Foundation of Arizona collects, uses, and maintains the following information from donors:
Contact Information: information name, company name, job title, complete address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), family and business relationships (if applicable.)
Donations Information: check numbers, credit card number and expiration date, amount donated, donor comments and suggestions, and giving history.
All credit card information is entered online through a secure page, sent to National Kidney Foundation of Arizona and processed by our system/staff. Once an online donation is submitted secure measures are in place to ensure that a donor’s credit card information is not compromised.
National Kidney Foundation of Arizona will not sell, rent, or lease donor information to other organizations.
National Kidney Foundation of Arizona WILL USE DONOR INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Help donors complete transactions
- Thank donors for their gifts
- Update donors about organizational activity
- Recognize donors
- Distribute gift receipts or statements
- Inform donors about upcoming events and fundraisers
- Analyze internal productivity and effectiveness
- Report to relevant federal and state agencies
- Contact donors about changes to this statement
As part of our donor recognition efforts, National Kidney Foundation of Arizona may publicize donor names through its annual report, newsletters, website, and promotional materials (in the case of sponsorships.) Generally, the specific gift amount will not be identified, but the donor will be recognized under the level of giving category that is appropriate to their donation. Donors always have the option of remaining “anonymous” when making a donation and will not be publicly recognized.
Access to Information
All access to donor information is strictly limited to National Kidney Foundation of Arizona personnel who need to process data. No unnecessary person, group or organization will be allowed to access such data. Board members may be given information on the names of donors, donor history and the amount of gifts if needed to fulfill their responsibilities as directors of the organization. All board members and staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of donor information.
Opting Out of Mailings and Solicitations
National Kidney Foundation of Arizona contacts donors through direct mail, e-mail, and telephone. Any donor may request that the Foundation remove them from the National Kidney Foundation of Arizona mailing list and/or specify the method of contact. To opt-out please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your intention to:
The National Kidney Foundation of Arizona
360 East Coronado Road, Suite 180
Phoenix, AZ 85004